Monday, July 17, 2017

Watch Your Citations

TRIGGER WARNINGS :  Is this all science or just "soft" sciences?

For John, BLUF:  Do you have enough embalmers who are people of color, are of various genders and sexual orientations, or are you just looking for good workers?  Nothing to see here; just move along.



This is by Mr Tom Knighton, today, 17 July 2017, in PJ Media.

The lede:

If you're writing an academic paper on any given subject, you need to do your research and get your facts straight. No, I don't mean about the topic you're writing about. You see, you're not a good academic if you don't discover who the authors referenced in your footnotes like to sleep with.
There is actually an on-line APP for showing how often one is cited.  I followed it for a month or so, but it was depressing, so I stopped.

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be forthright, but please consider that this is not a barracks.