Sunday, December 8, 2019

Freedom For Democracy to Flourish


For John, BLUF:  We have had some awful press in the past, and if we stick to the Bill of Rights will in the future.  And will survive.  Nothing to see here; just move along.




Here is the sub-headline:

From The Althouse Blog, 3 December 2019.

Here is the lede plus one:

I'm only blogging this because I see it's controversial. He's getting a lot of pushback, but he stood his ground, even as the interviewer challenged him with the same 2 ideas that I always see: 1. When people pay to get their message out, it should be different, and 2. If messages are false, it should be different.
This is a terrible trend.  Who do they propose will check the checkers?  in a Democracy we have to be our own checkers.  No thank you to the Government.  No thank you to self appointed fact-checkers.  If you want more Trump this is how you get it, monitoring the news.

Let us trust the Voters.

Hat tip to Ann Althouse.

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be forthright, but please consider that this is not a barracks.