The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Right Wing?

Early this morning I was described by a very nice person I know to one of her colleagues as the writer of a "right wing" blog.* I am a person my wife describes as a RINO--Republican in Name Only. And maybe she is correct--my wife, not the other lady. And, if that wasn't enough, I arrived at work and one of my compatriots commented that she had read my post on the cost of a college education and thought that I had failed to take a strong stand--wishy washy is what I heard her saying, although she was too nice to use those words.

I see myself as being a middle of the road kind of person who is interested in what is a problem, what is causing the problem and what are the consequences of any proposed solutions. When I say consequences, I am talking not only immediate consequences, but second and third order consequences. I once read somewhere that the solution to any problem contains the seeds of a new problem. I believe that.

One of my hero's is Dorothy Day. But, so is Ronald Reagan. And Will Kane--the Marshall, not the blogger.

OK, I will try to put a little starch into the Blog.

Regards -- Cliff

* I did take advantage of the opportunity to pass out my URL.

1 comment:

C R Krieger said...

I have seen this quote recently and found it at Fructus Ventris.

"I am not a beatnik, I am a Catholic."
Jack Kerouac

Even if he never said it, I think it is a great quote.

Regards -- Cliff