The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Lena Horne, RIP

You learn about things in the oddest places.  National Security Reporter Tom Ricks, in an item on the Indirect Approach in warfare, notes the passing of Lena Horne.  Ms Horne was born in 1917, making her near 93 when she passed away on 9 May.

I need to cruise over to Kad Barma's site to see if Ms Horne is his kind of vocalist.

Regards  —  Cliff

1 comment:

Craig H said...

Nothing from me on Lena on my site--I was always (and am still in a big way) an Ella Fitzgerald fan from her era, and Lena's ouvre was a bit too heavy on the movies, and just a little bit too much "pop" for me... Which is to say, I don't know her catalog well, though you have to respect a singer with the career she had, and the fans she earned.