The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Feature or Bug?

Late yesterday afternoon, arriving at Mass, I was standing outside my wife's fancy Lincoln Zephyr, trying to lock it with the remote controller, when I ran into something new.  As I was locking the car the sun roof and the driver side window started to open.  I got back in and tried to close them, but had to put the key back in the ignition and turn it before anything would move.

After Mass I want back out to the car and tried a combination of remote control keys to see if I could duplicate the window opening.  I found that if I held the "unlock" button down for several seconds the sun roof and driver side window would open, even with the car locked.  What I didn't realize then, but found out a few seconds later, was that the passenger side window also opened. Thus I learned that I had left my iPad in a locked car with a window wide open.

I am thinking this is a feature, allowing one to let the warm air out of the car on a hot day without having to crawl in and turn the key in the ignition.  I like it.  But, it is not available, experimentation shows, on the lowly Mercury Montego.

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: