The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Another Challenge from the Middle East

Here is a quiz of your knowledge of the nations of what my Middle Brother characterized as "the Middle East".  In fact it is the Maghreb, the Near East, the Middle East and a little bit more.  Not easy.  I had trouble with the sub-Saharan nations west of Chad and only recognized Chad because it has been in the news from time to time and the fact that USAF C-5s flew French military forces there a few years ago in response to Libyan military incursions.  And, at the other end, I was confused about a couple of the 'Stans.

Have fun.

Regards  —  Cliff

2 comments:

Renee said...

I knew the larger ones, but then others I knew the general area. I couldn't figure out Oman/Yemen or Mali/Mauritania or the cluster of countries with -stan at the end of their name north of Pakistan. I just knew somewhere over there.

Mimi said...

Thanks Cliff; this quiz reminded me of what I do not know. BTW, I screwed up Armenia; I really did. :-)