The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Falling Asleep At The Wheel

I wonder how many accidents we attribute to this or that are really falling asleep at the wheel.  A micro nap and you realize the car has covered some distance with you asleep.  I had an experience on the Purple Heart Bridge on I-95, where it crosses over the Occoquan River.  Traffic was stopped and I nodded off and my foot slipped off the brake and the car rolled into the car in front of me.  No harm, no foul, but still, an embarrassing and sobering experience.  Stopped traffic can be dangerous.

So can driving at 108 mph, as our Lt Gov found out, to the tune of $555.  I think he was lucky, considering he wasn't wearing his seatbelt when he banged up some Government Property.  The article can be found at The Boston Herald, here.

Hat tip to the Instapundit.

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: