The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Thursday, January 30, 2014

NPR Bias


For John, BLUFHard cases make bad law.  Nothing to see here; just move along.



I am a little calmer now.  However, on the way to the Podiatrist, and leaving, I was listening to NPR's "On Point" program, with Reporter Tom Ashbrook.  Mr Ashbrook used to work for The Boston Globe.

I caught the first ten minutes and the last ten minutes of a show on a situation down in Texas where a woman was brain dead, and decomposing, but pregnant and the hospital was keeping her alive, until a judge said the family could pull the plug on the woman.  I missed the middle part and perhaps Mr Ashbrook was more neutral.  However, in the parts I listened to it was obvious Mr Ashbrook had decided what the answer was and he was going to steer the show that way.  It was a Governor Andrew Cuomo moment—I might as well move out of the US since I have the wrong views.

When I listen to NPR I am hoping to find out new facts or different facts or different understandings of the facts.  I am not looking for pre-packaged diatribes. What does Lance think?

Regards  —  Cliff

  Or maybe just move to fly over country.

2 comments:

Neal said...

Why would NPR be any different than ABC, NBC, CBS, and MSNBC? Well, other than the tax paid financing thingy. The foregoing list are the omnipresent gaggle of the truly enlightened few telling the rest of us poor unwashed not only what is truth, but how and when it is applied. Sadly, even the blogosphere which once had a chance of being a relatively open forum for discussion....has become stilted and tilted to the uber-left. Perhaps that is because of the NSA overreach and the myriad FBI and CIA listeners.

Yesterday I read a hysterical response to an article posted on a blog about partial birth abortion and the pro-choice Nazis. The blog article went into graphic detail about HOW a partial birth abortion was performed. The enlightened were offended!! They thought it was obscene for the writer to describe the procedure that they cherish so profoundly. But. You know......the DEVIL is in the details. You can't be for something if you only are for the outcome. Trust me, the proponents of PBA and Right to Choice are no less complicit in the unbelievable savagery of dismembering in utero the body of a 8 month old fetus...a person really...than the ghoul wielding the forceps and super vacuum. Even Mengele wouldn't have stooped so low.

I think there is a special place in hell for those humans who have placed themselves above God in deciding life for others. BTW....lest anyone think I am advocating continuation on life support, I am not. I am decrying that she was ever put ON life support. Back to my statement and philosophy (which many will NOT agree with) that when God makes a decision, it is unbelievably arrogant that we think we can and should override him.

And....please don't challenge me with the science argument. Science is.....well.....inexact and experiential in its development....mostly by serendipity and accident. There was a day when SCIENCE held that chronic headaches were curable by trepanation. Not so much today.

Renee said...

Haleigh Poutre..

Pulling the plug.... doesn't necessarily mean death.