The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Doing Good


For John, BLUFPsychic Income is sometimes as important as the money.  We are, after all, humans.  Nothing to see here; just move along.



There is good news tonight.

I have been a little hard on the IRS in recent blog posts, and not without some reason.  Their inability to produce internal EMails and Instant Messages has been incredible.  Almost like a coverup.

But, I was talking to the couple next door, who are getting married next month, and she said that the IRS is helping with the wedding.  It seems she made a math error a couple of years ago.  It was in the Government's favor, and they caught it.  It took them two years to track her down, but they did, and returned $900, plus $75 in interest payments.  This is the Abe Lincoln kind of story I like to hear.  And, the money went to purchase invitations to the wedding and reception.

I actually have a fairly high opinion of the Civil Service.  My Father made GS-13 and I have two brothers, one of whom made SES and the other GS-15.  Each of my three children have been a Civil Servant at one time or another.  My Daughter worked for the Department of Agriculture and my oldest Son worked for the Defense Intelligence Agency.  Today my youngest Son works for the Marshall Service, as a lawyer.

I like good news stories from the Civil Service.  They are fellow citizens trying to do good for all of us.  On the other hand, there isn't usually much praise for doing your job correctly.  Too bad.

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: