The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Keeping It Together


For John, BLUFYour Spouse is someone you should walk with (and talk with) to the very end.  Nothing to see here; just move along.




From , by Playwright Carla Seaquist, 4 August 2018.

I have met Carla, and followed her writings over the years.  Her husband, Larry, was my boss's Deputy when I was on the Joint Staff.  While I don't agree with all of her politics, I do think she makes a very good point here.  Marriage is very important and should not be allowed to decay over issues of domestic politics.

The other thing I picked up was a link to an Opinion Piece her husband wrote, along with another person, on Homelessness in their part of Washington State.  The [West] Coast is having a terrible time with homelessness, and my understanding from when I was a teenager is that trends start out in Southern California, head east to New York City and then spread out from there.  This homelessness trend is not something we want to see spread to Lowell.

Homelessness isn't one thing.  Rather, it is a combination of things, including skyrocketing home prices, high unemployment, mental health issues, addiction of some form, a desire to be free of obligations and a failure to launch as an adult.  Our solutions need to consider all those factors  One solution does not fill all needs, but we do know that adequate housing does reduce medical costs, and thus the physical cost to the person who is homeless.

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: