The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Monday, July 8, 2019

Speaker Emerging


For John, BLUFSpeaker Nancy Pelosi, who seemed a bit dazed and confused in the recent past, seems to be t the top of her game these days.  Nothing to see here; just move along.




Here is the sub-headline:

“If the left doesn’t think I’m left enough, so be it,” she told me.

From The Old Gray Lady, by Columnist MoDo, 5 July 2019.

As I read this column, the House Speaker sees the need for Democrats to be seen not just in strong opposition, but also as doing things.  Thus these two excerpts:

The fracas over the border bill illustrates the treacherous nature of Pelosi’s job. Even with all her remarkable skill, it is a herculean task to weave together her anarchic progressives and the moderates who helped flip the House by winning in districts where Trump won in 2016.
And
“If the left doesn’t think I’m left enough, so be it,” she said, breezily. “As I say to these people, come to my basement. I have these signs about single-payer from 30 years ago. I understand what they’re saying. But we have a responsibility to get something done, which is different from advocacy. We have to have a solution, not just a Twitter fight.”
This does seem to be the needed leadership, leadership somewhat lacking in a number of the Democratic Candidates running for the nomination for President.

Hat tip to the Drudge Report.

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: