The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Monday, February 19, 2024

Disappointed Shopper


For John, BLUFI was disappointed by the merchandise selection at Staples this afternoon.  Nothing to see here; just move along.




I went to the Staples in Chelmsford, Massachusetts, today, to buy a package of printer paper (a ream).

Along the way I picked up a fountain pen, to replace my Lamy Safari, which is not working, even after I put in a new cartridege and ran the tip under the fauct.  However, when i looked around, i could find no replacement cartridges in the aisle.  I asked a clerk and he said they did not carry spare cartridges.  Does it make sense to sell a pen without additional cartridges.  Is the Lamy, at $24.99 (as I recall), a disposable pen?  Or does Staples want me to buy ink cartridges from Amazon?  I find that poor customer support.

Then I asked about clam clips.  I am looking for a clam clip dispenser.  "Never heard of it," I was told.  Shouldn't an office supply store know about clam clips and other such items?  Apparently not.

When I went to check out I entered my phone number, as I always do, to receive some sort of a discount.  It failed.  It worked a couple of weeks ago.  What happened?  According to the checkout clerk they are moving to a telephone App, and some of us are not being grndfathered until we get the App installed.

In addition, the snack selection, at checkout, is beyond the cash register, and it is not a very broad selection.

If Staples is looking for a part-time hire to help them manage what they stock, I am available [crkrieger@icloud,com].  Having a good office supply store in the neighborhood is important to me, and should be to you.

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: