The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Thursday, July 4, 2019

Meditation on the Fourth


For John, BLUF And NeoNeoCon has a take on our wide spread lack of interest in individual freedom and autonomy.  Nothing to see here; just move along.




From Pajama Media, by Author Sarah Holt, 4 July 2019.

Here is the lede plus two:

As some of you know, I’m an American by choice.  I left kin and country, culture and connections to throw in my lot with the freedom gang.

How did this come to happen? How could a girl raised in Portugal, of patriotic (fanatic, really) parents, get to the point where she felt expatriate, a stranger in a strange land?

Well, a lot of it had to do with what I read.  When I tell people I was raised on Robert A. Heinlein books, I wasn’t joking.  And there was something in those books that just made me American, before I even realized it was happening.

America isn't about soil or folk.  It is about the idea of freedom.  You either are in or you are a, perhaps whiny, free rider.

Hat tip to the InstaPundit.

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: