The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Monday, June 6, 2022

Odd Terms


For John, BLUFBeing a Blow In to Lowell, I sometimes use terms unfamiliar to Lowellians  On the City Life show this morning I used the term "Pencil whip' and drew blanks from the producer and the three others around the table.  I was discussing the Sttes Registry of Motor Vehicles issuing driver's licenses without actually administering the road test.  In my lrevious existence, in thes Air Force, we would have said it was "pencil whipped".  Nothing to see here; just move along.




Here is the Definition from The Free Dictionary:
pencil whip
1. To complete a form or record, especially a checklist, without doing the work required or by providing falsified or incomplete information.
It has come to light that the safety supervisor aboard the oil rig had been pencil whipping his observational reports for several weeks leading up to the disaster.
2. To approve such a form without actually verifying that the contents are accurate or properly completed
We're supposed to fill out a detailed checklist after each shift, but I know my boss just pencil whips them.
A Lesson Learned, or re-learned.  We are a pretty big and diverse nation and not every idiom is present in evdery cornor of the Country,

So, if I use a word that is not familiar to you, please ask me to define it.  I will try not to pencil whip it.

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: