- The Scott Brown Win.
- Speaker Pelosi announcing she lacks the votes to pass the Senate version of Health Insurance reform in the US House of Representatives.
- The US Supreme Court throwing our big chunks of McCain-Feingold and telling us Corporations are, indeed, persons.
- President Obama proposing stricter rules for major banks with regard to trading ("Volcker Rule").
- Concern on the part of Senate Democrats that they don't have the votes to reconfirm Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke.
- Secretary of State Clinton taking on the Chinese Government over Internet freedom.
- Some other item that was missed or hasn't yet hit the news.
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Out Back Question of the Week
What is the top news story of this week, not in terms of current splash, but in terms of long term impact on the nation?