The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

What Is It With Sarah?

The New York Times Magazine is doing a cover story on former Governor Sarah Palin, due out this Sunday.

Let me think.  In a year there are 52 weeks and thus 52 cover stories.  In these United States, by my count there are 50 states.  As of the early part of the month there are going to be new governors in some states pretty soon.  Have we had a cover on Governor Bobbie Jindal, elected a while ago?  How about Governor Elect Nikki Haley.  What about Democratic Party Governor Elect Dan Malloy, down in Connecticut, right next door to NYC?

You get my point.  There are a lot of folks worthy of being profiled, and not just governors.  Why this moth-like attraction to the flame known as Sarah Palin?

Personally, I love it, but for all the wrong reasons.  I am allowing myself to enjoy seeing on display the prejudices of those who think like the New Yorker cartoonist of years ago.  It is New England, New York and the Coast and just a thin strip in between.

Flame on, Sarah!

Regards  —  Cliff

PS:  For those of you not keeping track, I think it is way too early, but if forced to make a choice, as I was in a political discussion at dinner at the Fox and Hounds in the Mall at King of Prussia (PA) last night, I am going with Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey and for VEEP Governor Bobbie Jindal.  But it is a looong way to November 2012.  Right now President Obama should not be counted out.

  If you are a Presidential candidate it may feel like there are more than 50.  Maybe even 57, with one to go.
  Not you, California, since the Governor Elect has been in the Governor's Mansion two previous times (not counting his time as the son of a Governor).  Well, maybe he sold the Mansion off.  I am confused about that part of it.
  I am going with Nikki, as Nimrata Randhawa Haley is too hard to remember how to spell.
  I would like to note that Kad Barma doesn't fall into that category.  He has no respect for people of any organized party, probably based upon (1) experience and (2) high expectations.

1 comment:

lance said...

So where do you weigh in on the "scandal" in the rankings of Dancing with the Stars and what influence Sarah may have on Bristol's continued success?