The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

What Happened Here

The headline for this Ann Althouse blog post is "What media characters are repositioning out in front of today's elections?"

Her prize example is News Analyst and Commentator Chris Matthews of MSNBC and hailing from Philly, to which I am off in a few minutes.  The bonus is a video of Mr Matthews on a different MSNBC program.

Then there is Bill Maher as a "proud Westerner".  I am still digesting this one.

Regards  —  Cliff

3 comments:

Craig H said...

Do you or Ms Althouse mean to suggest that personalities who refuse to alter their ideology are somehow superior to those who can and do? Or is it just that it's frustrating that people with whom you disagree refuse to disagree on all points?

I should think these expressions would be more welcome by "conservatives" than are characterized by "characters repositioning" would imply. (Maher even gave props to your second-favorite issues these days by sniping at NPR for you--though, I admit, he didn't say anything nice or otherwise at all about Sarah Palin, so you're still waiting for that...)

The New Englander said...

..and I believe the 'proud Westerner' line came as Maher was defending his comment about fearing the popularity of the name "Mohammad."

Some defend Maher by saying he bashes all religions, but where is his fear of all the Biblically-named kids we have running around?

C R Krieger said...

I have always liked Chris Matthews, even though I have disagreed with him a lot.  That said, he does tend to talk over his guests, when he isn't interrupting them.  I just thought the video clip, which Ms Althouse had already embedded, helped make the point.  This wasn't a hit on Mr Matthews.

As for Mr Maher, he was just a bonus.  But, he does make the point that demographics is destiny.  Of course, if you don't have female children or grandchildren it doesn't really matter.  If you do, there are many models to go with, or you could just stay out of the UK.  Speaking of models, I like Mustafa Kemal, myself.  I have laid a wreath at his tomb.  There are quite a few others I admire, in addition.  And some I don't.

Regards  —  Cliff