The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Visiting City Hall

Friday, after the normal Friday Morning Homelessness Conference meeting in the Planning Conference Room, I wandered over to the Elections Division to pick up some data the ladies there had printed out for me on the Presidential Primary.  Fodder for a future post.

Then I went upstairs to see if Greg Page was still the Mayor's Aide.  He was.  I also met Gordan, who is the Intern, from UMass Lowell.  Gordan is an immigrant from Ghana.  His story is apparently in a book.  I am thinking The Big Move:  Immigrant Voices from a Mill City, by Robert Forrant and Christoph Strobel.  At any rate, I was impressed by Gordan.

While I was there someone came in with food for the food drive, which was covered in yesterday's edition of The [Lowell] Sun.  The reporter was Ms Jen Myers.

Speaking of The [Lowell] Sun, today's "Column" suggests that Mr Page forgot his place in trying to arrange for our Beacon Hill delegation to tag up with City leadership.  The way it was written up seemed OOC for Greg, as I know him.  And, he, Greg, told me it didn't go down that way.  New guy getting the normal hazing?  Probably.  I'm a fighter pilot.  I know that the Fresh New Guy (FNG) has to run the gauntlet.  OK, but, it shouldn't go on too long.  We have important issues that we need to pull together on.

Regards  —  Cliff

  Out of Character.

4 comments:

Jack Mitchell said...

The Sun reports the story it wants, not the story that is.

At Sunday's CNAG fundraiser, Greg Page and Tom Golden sat together and yucked it up.

Both men can see past the spin. We are fortunate that we have this caliber of public servants.

JoeS said...

You're right on the book. Gordan is interviewed for Chapter 3.

The New Englander said...

FNG = FRESH new guy? LOL...you are too much the gentleman.

C R Krieger said...

Those who know, know, and those who don't, don't need to.  We run a high class joint here.

Regards  -  Cliff