The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Thursday, April 17, 2014

The Good Civil Servants


For John, BLUFThe good often go unpraised.  Nothing to see here; just move along.



Yesterday in this blog I was down on some Government Workers, specifically at the US Department of State.  And, rightfully so.

On the other hand, most people engaged in Government Service are positive and hard working.  There is my late Father and my two Brothers.  Each made differences.  My Father, who would have been 99 this April 4th, was the Chief of Safety at Long Beach Naval Shipyard when it set a world record for days worked without a lost time accident.  He did it by working with first level supervisors.  My two Brothers did important work in getting the Air Force good contracts for space operations, out at Los Angeles Air Force Station.

Yesterday I went to the local Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles, to renew my drivers license.  My judgement is it was a smooth and efficient operation.  And a polite operations.  The Government Employees who had contact with me were a credit to their Department.

Did it take a while?  Yes, but numbers were called smoothly and quickly.  There was a good pace.  My time at "Number 4" was just a couple of minutes and then I was out the door.  The Clerk who served me was friendly and treated me like a human being, like a valued customer.

I say Thank You!

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: