The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Friday, September 19, 2014

Rejecting Canadians


For John, BLUFOur parking meters should be able to handle Canadian Quarters.



When I go to stores and get change there is a a likelihood that I will get a Canadian Quarter.  And I spend it like a quarter, sometimes.

Today I was downtown at 0800 and parking by the Lowell City Hall, along the island with the Ladd & Whitney Civil War monument and the Winged Victory statue.  Because I was driving my wife's car I didn't have my dollar coins and I used quarters.  After putting in four quarters I dropped in, without thinking about it, a Canadian quarter and the machine rejected it.  That wasn't so bad, but the machine also rejected all my previously deposited quarters and canceled my transaction.  That seemed a little weak.  Or, maybe a poor job of programming.

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: