The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Friday, April 10, 2015

Paying For Parking


For John, BLUFWhy does the University have it's own parking kiosks?  Nothing to see here; just move along.



This morning I went to University Crossing to pay for my wife and I attending class this semester. I found a slot across the street from the building, along the river.  Slot 213.  I walked a few steps to the payment kiosk, which is different from the kiosks the City of Lowell uses.

I hit a key, which brought up a chance to enter the slot number.  I entered 213 and then a screen came up asking how much time I wanted.  Since I had taken all the small change out of my pockets when I got dressed this morning I had only dollar coins.  With some fumbling I picked an hour (60 minutes) and put in a dollar coin, which fell to the bottom.  I tried again, with the same result, noted it did allow $1 coins and stepped back for the two chaps behind me.

After two people had successfully worked the kiosk I tried again, with a different dollar coin.  Same result.  I gave up and elected to take a risk, thinking that I would whinge knowing that I would enjoy whinging about the kiosk if I got a ticket.

UPDATED

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: