The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Monday, December 19, 2016

Boosting the Racists


TRIGGER WARNING:  In which I talk about the Democratic Party recriminations over the election.

For John, BLUFThis Presidential loss is hard for the Democrats.  Nothing to see here; just move along.




This is Politico, via Reporter Louis Nelson, today.

It is a short article and here is the lede plus one:

President-elect Donald Trump “doesn’t know much,” former President Bill Clinton told a local newspaper earlier this month, but “one thing he does know is how to get angry, white men to vote for him.”

Clinton spoke to a reporter from The Record-Review, a weekly newspaper serving the towns of Bedford and Pound Ridge, New York, not far from the Clintons’ home in Chappaqua, New York.  The former president held court earlier this month in Katonah, New York, where he took questions from the reporter and other customers inside a small bookstore.

Former President Clinton also roped in FBI Director James Comey and the Russians.

But, back to what Mr Clinton said—for whom would he have had these "Deplorable" "angry, white (sic) men" vote?  Or does he believe they should not be allowed to vote?  And who would judge that?

Hat tip to the Drudge Report.

Regards  —  Cliff

2 comments:

Unknown said...

what was so wrong about what Clinton said? Trump is a master manipulator. He outright lied to people. Whenever a politician starts blaming minorities and other countries for the problems in America smart people know to walk away. But there are those who are so ignorant and hateful that they jump on the bandwagon. Just look at this example: Blockbuster and all video stores went under, costing thousands of jobs. How did that happen? Automation and technology replaced those people with greater efficiency. That's how business works. But Trump and his supporters believe that type of issue is someone's fault.
What frightens me is Trump used the same tactics to become POTUS as Adolph Hitler used to rule Germany.
He is guilty of Hate speech and many of his supporters are guilty of HATE CRIMES. How many times are we going to have watch people being assaulted or murdered over the next 4 years. I understand that the Dudge report is supposed to have Judeo-Christian values. From what I see they better start studying their Bibles. Don't forget our Saviour was a Middle Eastern refugee who had to flee to Egypt after he was born until Herod died. Apparently you all forgot that part.

C R Krieger said...

Kathy

Actually, I think I mentioned that thing about Fleeing to Egypt (well, I said Slaughter of the Innocents) in an EMail today.

My issue with Mr Clinton is that even if all the folks who are bigots all voted for Mr Trump (actually, I don't think it was 100% that way), he just stated it and let it hang out there. While I am sure there are some who think I am a bigot, I don't think I am. But, am I to be condemned and placed outside the Pale because I voted for Mr Trump?

I worry that the "basket of deplorables" will create a self-organizing group, made up of a significant percentage of the voting population. We need dialogue, not condemnation. I have (had?) a friend who said I had nothing to say until I renounced Mr Trump. How do we get dialogue out of that?

Back to you.

Regards — Cliff