The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Friday, December 16, 2016

Voter Fraud, From the Other End of the Telescope

TRIGGER WARNINGS:  In which I say Democrats missed the boat this year.

For John, BLUFThe Democrats manufacture issues when there are serious issues confronting us all.  Nothing to see here; just move along.



An article by Mr Richard Eskow, in Nation of Change.

Here is the lede plus one:

What does it tell us when leading Democrats are more upset about alleged Russian election-rigging than they are about proven Republican election-rigging? After all, American oligarchs like the Koch Brothers have no more right to undermine our democracy than Russian oligarchs do.

GOP voting laws systematically discriminate against minority voters and working people. Yes, leading Democrats have lodged pro forma protests against them, but they should be shouting about it from the rooftops. They seem more comfortable challenging Russians than they do challenging a party that’s undermining the electoral process much closer to home.

The first thing that jumps into my mind is why, after five decades of the Great Society, Minorities are not at a point in our economic life that they need IDs to join in.  I need an ID at various places, like the bank and Post Office.  If I were a little younger I would need an ID to buy cigs and booze, if I did.  Visit a new medical provider or go to the emergency room?  My experience is they ask for an ID.  Maybe that is just discrimination against Caucasians.

I am not asking for a society where the police can say "Papers, please" or where I have to give the hotel clerk my papers when I check in, so he can run them by the police.

But having an ID card for voting doesn't seem that hard.  Make it free, at the RMV.

The other thing is that I would like "Progressive Central" to tell a unified story.  TheWash Post, back in 2014, told us "A comprehensive investigation of voter impersonation finds 31 credible incidents out of one billion ballots cast".

I am not sure I believe any of this stuff.  Grow up and vote.

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: