The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Friday, June 15, 2018

A Certain Animus


For John, BLUFDo the members of the FBI have contempt for you?  Nothing to see here; just move along.




A followup on my earlier Post on DOJ text messaging suggesting a certain animus toward Candidate Donald J Trump:
11:02:22, FBI Employee:  “All the people who were initially voting for her would not, and were not, swayed by any decision the FBI put out.  Trump’s supporters are all poor to middle class, uneducated, lazy POS that think he will magically grant them jobs for doing nothing.  They probably didn’t watch the debates, aren’t fully educated on his policies, and are stupidly wrapped up in his unmerited enthusiasm.”
DoD IG Report, Page 417
I remember someone here in Lowell telling me I didn't have anything to say until I renounced Trump.

Then there was another candidate who put me in a "basket of deplorables".

Then there was the earlier candidate, who suggested I was a "bitter clinger" (I am originally from Western Pennsylvania).

Now I find that I am an "uneducated, lazy POS".  Frankly, the uneducated and lazy parts may well be true.  I only have a Masters Degree (USC) and my wife suggests to me sometimes that I am lazy.  It is the POS part that I find insulting.  And I find it disturbing that it is being said of me by a Federal Government Civilian Employee, who lives off my tax dollars and the tax dollars of many like me.  It is worse than disrespectful.  It is full of contempt.

If it wasn't that my Father and my two Brothers have all been Civil Servants, and did great jobs for we taxpayers, and others I know who have been Civil Servants, like my Daughter and two Sons, I would begin to question if we were developing a corrupt class, at least in Washington.  I still have faith, but there is some leadership needed, at least in DoJ.

The big issue is that the DOJ, and the FBI, failed to foster a culture of non-partisan investigations.  Yesterday, in response to the IG Report, the head of the FBI, Director Christopher A. Wray, said that the FBI would reeducate the workforce.  Reeducation isn't what is needed.  Cultural leadership is what is needed.  It may require firing everyone who works on the top two floors of the J Edgar Hoover Building.  I hope not, but Mr Wray doesn't seem to get it.  It is culture, not education.

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: