The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Monday, May 30, 2022

Memorial Day 2022


For John, BLUFI am opposed to a one size fits all view of Memorial Day.  It is different for each of us.  Nothing to see here; just move along.




Me3morial Day is about those who died while serving their Nation, our Nation.  I think of my Roommate at the Air Force Academy, Alan Trent, who died doing Close Air Support in South Viet-nam.  I think of Bob Rex, known in our Cadet Squadron as "Edipus".  He was flying a C-130 in South Viet-nam, which blew up after takeoff.  There was may classmate from the Air Force Academy and Pilot Training, Karl Richter, who died during a low threat 200th mission over North Viet-nam.  Karl and I were in the last row of the lowest EE Section, both struggling to understand how current flows.  I think of my Pilot Training Roommate, Asdo Kommendant, of Lakewood, NJ, but originally from Estonia, who died on his first mission in South Viet-nam, out of Cam Rsnh Bay.

And, I think of my Wife's late husband, who I never met, who died on day 179 of a 90 day deployoment to Okinawa.  His squadron was deployed there to replace F-102s, which were deployed to Southeast Asia to provide Air Defense there. Robert Harlan was an F-4 Back Seat Pilot doing a night air defense training mission against an electronic jamming EB-57, using a brand new technique, out over the Pacific, at low altitude, at night, after coming off of an air refueling exeercise.  A number of different challenges,

The result was a lost aircraft and two crewmembers missing and presumed dead,  And a Widow and two children without a Father.  Very sad,  Which is why we have a Memorial Day.

So, on Memorial Day I remember a number of people, including my Wife and my two oldest children, who lost a family member.  And Bob Harlan's Sister and Brother and Parents, who I have met.  I have heard the expression, "Everyone game something and some gave everything."  That applies to family members also.

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: