The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Innovation Question

Law Professor Glenn Reynolds, the Instapundit has a post about the US Department of Justice (DOJ) and some recent litigation by Civil Rights Division.  He hits two issues at the post, once being about HIV in prisons and the other being about the use of the Kindle in colleges.

I will provide a direct link to this second item, here.

This may mark me as a Neanderthal, but with emerging technology isn't there likely to be a little lag in adapting it to all possible users?  Conversely, if we mandate that all new technology be user friendly according to the Americans with Disabilities Act before it is marketed, are we going to stifle innovation?  If we stifle innovation, will it have an impact on job creation?  If we slow job creation are we not going to bring down the economy?  If we bring down the economy, where are we going to find the tax base to pay the salaries of the DOJ Civil Rights Division?

Regards  —  Cliff

  I would note that I am not now nor have I ever been an employee of the US Department of Justice or its Civil Rights Division.
  I do admit to using my Kindle to read books which I referenced in taking a course at UMass Lowell last spring.
  Ooops, forgot that many of us carry genes suggesting Homo sapiens sapiens inter-breeding with Neanderthal.

No comments: