The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Squirrel Hill Ripple


For John, BLUFI understand.  The Second Amendment is about protecting individuals, from criminals, and from a Government gone rogue.  Nothing to see here; just move along.




From PJ Media, by Mr Roger L Simon, 28 October 2018.

Here is the lede plus four:

For some time I have been a supporter of the Second Amendment -- intellectually.  I agreed with the Founders' rationale for the right to bear arms.  I even joined the NRA.

But I never bought a gun.

Although I know the basics of how to shoot, I didn't want a pistol around the house. I didn't think I needed it.  I thought it too risky to own a weapon unless I practiced with it regularly and I didn't want to make time in my schedule for that.  Real physical exercise was more important at my age.  Also, I'm not a particularly fearful type who keeps a claw hammer secreted under the bed.  Beyond that, I didn't want to awaken my mother -- a devoted gun-control advocate -- from her grave.

Until now. Until Pittsburgh.  This Jewish boy is going to buy a gun.

The local and global situation with anti-Semitism has reached such a level I'd be a fool not to.  Between the rising anti-Zionism and Jew hatred on our campuses and in the Democratic Party (what were Barack Obama and Bill Clinton doing being photographed with Louis Farrakhan?), the bloodthirsty jihadists, and the neo-Nazi monsters like this Bower character, we are at a point I never thought we'd reach in my lifetime.  And as the co-screenwriter of two feature films about the Holocaust, I have a pretty good idea where it can lead.

I would hope there is no pogrom in America's future, but Mr Simon is right to arm himself.  As we know, when you are face to face with the threat, the police are just minutes away.  It isn't the fault of the police.  They can't be everywhere.  The Zero [zero seconds] Responders are the people on the scene.  If they can't move out of the way of harm they must fight back.

And, this Anti-semitism isn't a Pittsburg problem, or even a US problem.  This is a global problem.

Hat tip to the InstaPundit.

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: