For John, BLUF: Republicans should be paying attention here. Nothing to see here; just move along.
Way back on 26 December of 2018, the Blogger Ann Althouse gave us this post, which is Pollster and Number Analyst Nate Silver saying:
I mention this because I think folks are too quickly dismissing the Presidential hopeful, Senator E Warren of Massachusetts.
I am think that, in her own stumbling way, Senator Warren is working to combine her Progressive credentials with her Midwest background. That would give her the best of both worlds and a shot at voters that perhaps only former VEEP Joe Biden could get for the Democrats.
Look at what she brings to the game:
- She is an Okie. That is, she is from Oklahoma.
- When President Trump announced he was pulling troops out of Syria and Afghanistan she said she agreed. Who is it with the most folks in uniform? Parents in Middle America.
- She has a Brother who was a Fighter Pilot in the Viet-nam War.
- Her book, The Two-Income Trap: Why Middle-Class Parents Are (Still) Going Broke is about the Middle Class.
- She wrote This Fight Is Our Fight: The Battle to Save America's Middle Class.
- She drinks beer.
If Ms Salina Zito (The Great Revolt) is correct in suggesting the mantle of "Hope and Change" fell from President Obama's shoulders onto Candidate Trump's, then perhaps Senator Warren recognizes this and is hoping she can slip it onto her shoulders, appealing to those folks across the Fruited Plain who still are looking for a better outcome. While still retaining sufficient Coastal Progressives who vote Democrat.
I don't see many other Democratic Party hopefuls able to do this.
Hat tip to Ann Althouse.
Regards — Cliff