For John, BLUF: There is the option that the Russiagate Probe will never end. Nothing to see here; just move along.
This is not authoritative, but just my doodling:
- Guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors (Section 4 of Article Two of the United States Constitution)
- "The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors."
- At this kind of a report the US House of Representatives would spring into action, bringing impeachment articles against the President.
- It does raise the question as to if the Vice President was involved, which may or may not be answered by a report by Special Counsel Mueller.
- This raises an additional question, which is why this took so long. An important question to emerge will be when did Mr Mueller know it and why did it take so long to get the news out?
- This is the Scottish Verdict, where the jury thinks the person is guilty, but not beyond a reasonable doubt.
- I would think this report would just sow confusion and conflict and would hurt the country.
- This would not quiet everyone, the House Democrats would proceed with their own investigations.
- This would allow the President to focus more on being President, rather than being a defendant.
- This might allow the President to now order the release of all pertinent documents, including the FISA Warrants and their supporting documentation.
- There are those who believe the FBI has not been much cleaned up since the time of J Edgar Hoover.
- There are those who believe that Mrs Clinton tipped her hand in late October 2016 when she talked about a Trump/Putin connection, right after leaks from the FBI and Fusion GPS brought us stories in the press.
Hat tip to the InstaPundit.
Regards — Cliff