The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

The Killing of Bobby Fassnacht


For John, BLUFit was 50 years ago this last Monday, and it accomplished nothing positive, but created a lot of pain.  Nothing to see here; just move along.




From The Althouse Blog! by Professor Althouse, 24 August 2020.

The Blog Post consists of copies of two tweets on the event, from UW-Madison, and the comments. I actually knew Bobby Fassnacht.  He was my Wife's Cousin.  We had just returned from 3+ years in Germany.  It was shocking. He might have had his young son with him.  He had taken him to work before.  Fortunately, not this time.

Our Government treated this more like war than crime.  The "POWs" were released early.  I am, sadly, convinced we learned little.  And not a lot changed as a result of the death of Bobby Fassnacht.  In late 1973 I went back to Southeast Asia, flying missions in Cambodia, which failed to defeat the Khmer Rouge.  As a result I have frequent chances to apologize to my fellow Lowellians that I failed to end the war on a positive note.  One in five here in Lowell are Cambodian Refugees or the descendants thereof.  Including two City Councillors, a State Rep and the Chairman of the Republican City Committee.  And, last term, a member of the School Committee.

Hat tip to Ann Althouse.

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: