The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Frank Sinatra and Rap

I was looking at The International Herald Tribune over the weekend and found this item, "Straight Outta Hoboken".

Over in Europe the Herald Trib has been, for American Servicemen and their families, an important complement to The Stars and Stripes, and for some civilian expats the main source of "American" news in print in English.  While the Mother paper foundered in New York, the IHT has soldiered on.  In the Short Story course I am taking this semester at UMass Lowell one of the graphic stories we read had a pane showing an American Soldier in a gast haus, reading the IHT while his wife is drinking a beer.  The scene looks over their table and on into the German town.

At any rate, the article on "The Chairman of the Board" caught my attention.  It raised the level at which I now view Rap.  The author of the article, Mr James Kaplan, makes the point that there are Rap artists out there who are the same kinds of professions Frank Sinatra was in all that he did, from singing to acting.  What can I say?  I like the quality sounds that I associate with Frank Sinatra.

Regards  —  Cliff

  Francis Albert Sinatra has been gone from us for a dozen years now, but his music lives on.

No comments: