The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

I Go To Work

For John, BLUFYesterday, before the Presidential Debate, I was saying Romney would win.  Nothing to see here; just move along.

Yesterday I went into the office, to play an hour of Texas Hold'em over lunch.  At the table I was asked about the Presidential Race and I said that I thought Governor Romney would win.  I cited LA Mayor Tom Bradley, which was dismissed by one of the players as old history.  And, he was correct.  That race for Governor of California was a long time ago.  In fact, 1982, when we were living on Marshall Ridge, in Carlisle, Pennsylvania.

The other thing I did was to make an informal pitch to my replacement, and his senior vice president, about how, if they got a big training contract and needed space to expand, Lowell might be a good option.  Odds are small, but if you don't ask you can never get a positive answer.  And, they are bidding on some contracts.  Of course the future is uncertain.

Regards  —  Cliff

  Incidentally, that election I voted for Mayor Bradley.  Apparently I was in the minority.

No comments: