The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Best Wishes

Dr Chris Augusta Scott, our former School Superintendent, is getting married.  No surprise there and this Blogger wishes her and her fiancé, Michael Houston, the very best.

My question is, who from Lowell is traveling all the way to Halifax for the nuptials, besides the couple?  Canada is our neighbor, and Halifax is a friend of Eastern Massachusetts, but it is 700 miles away.  So, who from here is going to travel that distance to help celebrate this union of two people?

The Editor of the Lowell Newspaper of Record.

UPDATE:  I am now in DEEP trouble with the Editor, and may never get a newspaper job, since I extrapolated the fact that he got an invitation into the non-fact that he might be going, which he is not.  And be it noted that she has NEVER made cookies for the Editor.  I am hanging my head in shame, although it is not, I am sure, my first Blogging error.  My apologies to the Editor.

Regards  — 

6 comments:

Craig H said...

I have traveled to Halifax for far less reason than this--and would not hesitate to do it again. It's one of the most charming cities I have ever visited, and one of my most favorite anywhere. (Stopping off at Campobello along the way is the only way to do it in my humble opinion). When do we leave?

C R Krieger said...

Sunrise at Campobello?

I don't have an invite.  Do you, or are we wedding crashers?

Regards  —  Cliff

JoeS said...

First there were cookies, and now a wedding invitation? This relationship was not disclosed when he was railing against the school committee for not offering her a contract.

Craig H said...

Think one of us could qualify as Campy's "plus one"?

I don't mind crashing, though I also wouldn't mind missing the whole thing and going for seafood chowder at the Henry House before heading down the street to The Maxwell's Plum ("If you don't eat here we may both starve") and continuing on my tour through their 60 tap beers...

Jack Mitchell said...

A parable:

The Sup't- I so value our friendship, you are hereby invited...

The Editor- Erm, me? Not so much.
.................................

You can feel bad, but I wouldn't. There is a dynamic at play that the Editor wishes to play down. I think JoeS's quip is spot on.

Former Sun Reader said...

I would not feel to badly. The editor certainly knows well about printing half truths and even outright lies. At least in your case it was not intentional.