The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Borders are Falling

Well, the book store.  A couple of folks have posted on this and when historian and sometime Mayor Matt Matthews, out in a small town in Kansas, posted the news on his Facebook Page I posted a comment.  First, someone wrote:
So I can drive 30 miles to Borders to look through their slim history section and not find anything? Or I can order on-line and get the books I want delivered to my house cheaper than the gas to drive. Hmm....
Then I wrote:
Ah...I think that is right.  Order on line.  And, it is sad in a way.  Shouldn't there be some social contact at the local book store?  But, all three of them are at least 30 minutes away and two are in another state.  Our local bookstore folded, but we are told a new proprietor will emerge soon.  That was a week ago.  I miss the walking and browsing and the taking my time.  Fortunately there is still Barnes and Noble.  And, if there is a real market, someone will fill it.
Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: