The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

When to Marry

From the Blog of Law Professor Ann ALTHOUSE:
Such ceremonies are unusual but not unheard of in France, where the law allows posthumous marriages in cases where a fiance dies before the wedding. The law states that such weddings can only be approved by the French president "in grave circumstances".
I link to the Althouse blog so you can see the comments.  As an aside, something I see on the Althouse blog is a degree of self-censorshiop by the commenters, who sometimes remove their comments.  I assume they do it for reasons of grammar or spelling, or they decided that a subsequent comment made them look stupid.

This event should not be confused with the Bride who Married Herself.

Regards  —  Cliff

1 comment:

Renee said...

Wouldn't it be a widow ceremony?

Your becoming a widow, not a wife.

----

If my husband died on the way to the church, prior to our marriage I wouldn't be married. I wouldn't have to consider myself a widow either.

Being younger, we owned no property. Even if we had children, or if I was pregnant there would be ways of dealing with the child's needs without being married.