For John, BLUF: . Nothing to see here; just move along.
Five Bad Things
- No one is ever wrong. People will defend an opinion or an action until the end, even if every bit of logic and evidence runs contrary
- Excellence makes you a target of envy and can often harm your prospects for success.
- Average people will sacrifice every principle and every truth for the sake of security.
- If you ever wonder why people around you are behaving strangely, or believing and doing seemingly irrational things, you can find the answer by asking the question: what’s in it for them?
- Absolutely no one can keep a secret.
- There are human miracles all around you if you only take the time and have a mind to notice. Human action is not scripted.
- Humans are survivors. Everyone faces seeming disasters in life: deaths in the family, divorces, job terminations, houses burning down.
- At some point in your life, your heart will be broken through some devastating betrayal and you will be tempted by the idea that love is not real, that it is a made-up delusion. This is false. Love comes in many forms and is authentic…
- In childhood, we supposed that everyone around us was well-intentioned, but later discovered otherwise in adulthood. You can wallow in this or see beyond it. Most people, despite all foibles and failings, have a heart.
- Powerful institutions can be scary and ominous, but look more closely. No power can ultimately rule this world. The promises of politicians, even the most powerful, turn to dust…
Hat tip to the InstaPundit.
Regards — CliffJeffrey A. Tucker Jeffrey A. Tucker Thursday, May 04, 2017