The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Friday, February 16, 2018

Are We Becoming French?


For John, BLUFAbout French President Francois Mitterrand, when he was buried both his wife and his long term mistress were at grave side.  Pity the poor undertaker.  Nothing to see here; just move along.




From PJ Media, with a Comment by Mr Roger L Simon, 16 Feb 2018.

Here is the blurb from Mr Roger Simon:

I awoke to the unsurprising news that Donald Trump had an affair with a Playmate.  As a Trump supporter, it didn't make me feel good.  It's not enough to say "Well, Clinton did it."  Or any of a hundred others, for that matter.  We have to examine who we are.  In other words, are we French?  I can remember some years ago standing on the balcony of a French movie producer (female) that overlooked the Elysee Palace.  We were all having cocktails before dinner.  Suddenly a large state helicopter arose from the palace.  "What's that?" I asked my host.  "It is Mitterand going to his mistress," she said, completely casually.  "Every day at this time."  It was part of the culture.  The French completely separated public and private life and mocked Americans for being so bourgeois as to connect them.  But do we?  The stock market, on a march to recovery, barely burped this morning at the latest Trump news.  (I'm sure it would have been the other way if the tax plan were rescinded.)  Nevertheless, it's a problem.  Actually, we're hypocrites -- on a ton of levels.  For the moment, however, I'm more concerned with the suborning of the FBI for political purposes than I am with anybody's affairs.  That's ultimately more dangerous, by yards.  Still, this is disturbing.
Like Roger, I am "more concerned with the suborning of the FBI for political purses than I am with anybody's affairs."  But, still, I would like my Presidents, and others, to be more discrete in their extramarital affairs.  I don't want these United States to turn into France, as then Secretary of State Jefferson Davis would have it.

Note that Mr Simon is able to write using short sentences, something of which today's journalists are not capable.

Regards  —  Cliff
-2, Wed 6.0

No comments: