The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Thinking Woman


For John, BLUFA name from my youth.  Nothing to see here; just move along.




From The New Neo, Jane, 1 February 2020.

Here is the lede plus one:

Doris Lessing was a well-known writer who died in 2013 after a very long life and many prizes, including a Nobel.  I confess that I’ve never read a thing she wrote, although I tried a few times.  It just didn’t grab me, and I don’t even remember why.  But this post isn’t about her novels – it’s about her political beliefs, which I find of interest.

Lessing began as a committed leftist, a Communist.  She also was a feminist, and I believe she remained so in one way or another for her entire life.  But in many ways she thought for herself and quite early on understood the danger represented by PC thought.  She left the hard left quite early on, as well.

Unlike Jane, I have read a couple of Ms Doris Lessings books, which I enjoyed, probably marking me as strange.  The woman has broad experience and nicely explores the human experience.

Hat tip to the InstaPundit.

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: