The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Condi Rice Goes to the White House

This gives me some hope, after a week of not good news from and about the White House.  Condi Rice had a visit with the President.  I like Ms Condolezza Rice.  Back in the day, she was an Intern in the office next to mine in the Pentagon.  She was approachable and knowledgeable.

The fact that she and the President met and talked is, in my mind good.  It says that he is getting alternative views.  The fact that the discussion didn't leak is also good news.  A little discipline is always a good thing.

Quoting from the article:
Asked to grade his foreign policy, she refused.

"I've said very many times that I may not agree with everything that the administration has done, but I also know that it's a lot harder in there than it is out here," she said.

"Nobody needs to have people who've been there chirping at you about what you're not doing right, because you can't possibly know the whole range of considerations on any given day unless you're in."
I also thought it was interesting that her new book also comes in a "young adult" version.

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: