The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Copyright To Get Worse


For John, BLUFWill it impact City Life?  Nothing to see here; just move along.



With a delicious sense of irony, I copy the whole post from Law Professor Ann Althouse:
"I had a Supreme Court Justice tell me it’s over for me," said Drudge.

"They’ve got the votes now to enforce copyright law, you’re out of there.  They’re going to make it so you can’t even use headlines...  To have a Supreme Court Justice say to me it’s over, they’ve got the votes, which means time is limited...  That will end [it] for me – fine – I’ve had a hell of a run…."

Drudge added "that web users were being pushed into the cyber ‘ghettos’ of Twitter, Facebook and Instagram":  "This is ghetto, this is corporate, they’re taking your energy and you’re getting nothing in return – nothing!"

There you have it.  Our Congress is going to make the Mickey Mouse Copyright laws even worse.

And, those of us blogging on news articles are not going to be able to mention the article.

This will definitely limit the publics discussion of current events.  That will, in turn, lead to a more ignorant public.  I guess it will help the Democrats.  It definitely won't help those of us who believe in truth, justice and the American way.

Hat tip to Ann Althouse.

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: