The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Monday, October 24, 2016

More on Voter Fraud


For John, BLUFVoter Fraud is a real thing, but it is not yet a major thing.  This isn't Venezuela, after all.  Nothing to see here; just move along.




This article is from The new York Times, for 21 October 2016.  The Reporter is Mr Michel Wines.

This is the standard Democratic Party pitch that voter fraud is not a thing.  And, that it is a dog whistle for Republicans. On the other hand, while it cites a couple of studies it doesn't address things like Mrs Clinton's Campaign Chairman, John Podesta, calling for illegals to be registered to vote.  Doesn't that seem irregular?

It does claim that Republicans who call for ID to vote are trying to suppress the vote of minorities and the poor, since these folks supposedly don't have suitable IDs.

The notion of widespread fraud has also become a potent political weapon: Since 2010, 16 states have placed new identification requirements on voting in the name of security. Increasingly, they have required voters to produce proof of identification that young, poor and minority voters — often Democrats — disproportionately lack.
That is actually something of a mystery to me.  I know I have to show an ID of some sort (sometimes a bank card) to transact a lot of business at my bank.  I need an ID when I go into a Doctor's Office or to pick up certain drugs.  And, I need an ID to drive (legally).  The poor, receiving Food Stamps could have a photo ID given to them when they sign up for Food Stamps.  Others could be given a photo ID at Motor Vehicle Offices or their local Town or City Hall, at no cost.  Isn't that what Wisconsin does?

It seems to me that providing everyone with an ID is a Government responsibility.  Not misplacing your ID seems to be an individual responsibility.

The other side of this is that there are a lot of fake IDs floating around.  If that is the case, why can't the Government provide real IDs for all people?

I think that this ID requirement as a suppression of the vote meme is really a case of Government at all levels failing to help its citizens become part of the economic engine known as the United States.

Of course Mr Trump is not the only Presidential Candidate to warn about voter fraud.

By the way, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts has a Voter ID Law, but it is worded so that if it is applied to one person in the voting location it must be applied to all.  So, where I vote, since most voters are known to the Poll Workers, it is dispensed with.  That said, they are very careful to mark me down when I get a ballot and when I check out.  Good Job, poll workers of Ward 1, Percent 3.

Hat tip to my Brother Lance, who sometimes Comments at this Blog.

Regards  —  Cliff

  I walked into Santander bank a couple of years ago and they had a sign up saying some transactions would require two identifications.  I could produce five government issued IDs, but I am just lucky (and one, while a photo ID, is expired).
  Retired Military (Photo) ID, Mass Driver License, UMass Lowell Student ID, City of Lowell Employee ID and US National Archives ID.

No comments: