The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Friday, September 21, 2018

Give Jane a Break


For John, BLUFI don't want to live my life defined by who I dislike.  Nothing to see here; just move along.




From Mediatite, by Reporter Joseph A. Wulfsohn, 20 September 2018.

If this event, back during the US efforts to defend South Viet-nam from aggression by the North, is beyond your memory, then move on and forget about it.

If, like me, you remember this, especially if you are a Veteran of the Viet-nam war, then this is more personal.  I am a veteran of said war, two tours.  On my first tour I had 100 "Counters" or missions over North Viet-nam.  I am a "River Rat", which is to say I have been north of the Red River.  So, I feel free to hold an opinion.

The thing is, unlike most of my fellow Veterans, I think it is time to embrace Jane Fonda, forgive her for her stance on the war, and her stupidities, and move on.

As a friend of mine, a Viet-nam Era Vet, said the other day, "But then, I don’t much want to stand in front of Christ and God and explain how I feel entitled to not forgive when they do so without qualification.  I might be uncomfortable in that confrontation…".

Indeed.  Besides, there are quite a few current characters much more deserving of my disdain.

Hat tip to the InstaPundit.

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: