The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Sunday, September 9, 2018

We Are Not Alone


For John, BLUFThe NYT Author is lucky this isn't the Obama Administration, which would brook no leaking or dissension.  Nothing to see here; just move along.




Here is the sub-headline:

Our Own Anonymous Makes a Rare Appearance

From The New York Sun, by Mr. X, 6 September 2018.

Here is the lede plus two:

It appears I have in Washington a kindred spirit, who has discovered the tremendous power of anonymity.

In today’s New York Times, someone claiming to work at the highest levels in the White House wrote a scathing critique of his (or her) boss, President Trump, and his amorality. The writer boasts of working with others in the administration to thwart the President’s worst instincts, of which, according to the author, there are many.

“Anonymous” has become the main topic of conversation on every cable channel, talk radio show, and the Internet. I understand this, having had to hide my persona for fear of being castigated for my beliefs. Trust me, though, the anonymous writer in the White House doesn’t know what real concern for your reputation is. Try being a conservative on the Upper West Side of Manhattan.

The key to this problem, and I have seen it myself, is the Latin phrase Illegitimi non carborundum.

Someone told me they thought the NYT item was written by a lawyer.

I think it was written by the ghost of Walter Duranty.

Hat tip to the InstaPundit.

UPDATE:  Added Link regarding Obama Administration and leak investigations.

Regards  —  Cliff

  No, not that Mr X, George F Kennan, who set the path for US Post-WWII Foreign Policy.
  In my case I stopped going to Facebook in October 2016, dipped my toe back in in 2017, then took down my account this year.

No comments: