The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Friday, May 23, 2014

Bye Bye Staples


For John, BLUFNothing is forever.  Nothing to see here; just move along.



The other day there was an item in The [Lowell] Sun saying Staples, the Office Supply Store, after a bad quarter, is closing 80 stores.  It turns out one of those stores is our local Staples at Stadium Plaza.

I like our local Staples here on the border of Lowell.  The staff are friendly and helpful.  The inventory is broad and usually well stocked.  The one exception was large bags of M&Ms, where the restock quantity was less than the pilferage rate and they were always out of sock.  I mentioned this to the Duty Manager one day and the problem was corrected.

I will note a sociological phenomenon at Staples.  If you want to know where something is, you are better off asking a female clerk.  I have no explanation for this, but have wondered if it is because Staples empowers women.  At least it seems that way to me.

The last day for the Stadium Plaza store is 5 July of this year.  After that it is the store in Chelmsford or going to Nashua or Burlington or Rockingham.  Maybe there is another store, but I don't know about it.  As for the staff at Stadium Plaza, I know at least one person is being transferred to the Chelmsford store.  However, some will be laid off, I am sadly sure.  Farewell, my friends.

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: