For John, BLUF: Far bigger than Watergate. Nothing to see here; just move along.
My wife and I are having a disagreement on the issue of the intersection of the Continuing Resolution and the Memo about FBI abuse of the FISA Court. She says blow it up and expose all the hypocrisy and the hypocrites. I say use it as a bargaining chip to keep the Government open.
Of course, this is speculation, as neither of us have seen the memo.
This is from a report at Zero Hedge, by Mr Tyler Durden, 18 January 2018.
Here is the lede plus one:
All hell is breaking loose in Washington D.C. after a four-page memo detailing extensive FISA court abuse was made available to the entire House of Representatives Thursday. The contents of the memo are so explosive, says Journalist Sara Carter, that it could lead to the removal of senior officials in the FBI and the Department of Justice and the end of Robert Mueller's special counsel investigation.Here is what I propose:These sources say the report is “explosive,” stating they would not be surprised if it leads to the end of Robert Mueller’s Special Counsel investigation into President Trump and his associates. -Sara Carter
- The Democrats agree to a budget deal.
- The Memo on the FBI messing with the FISA Court is kept secret.
- The Mueller investigation goes away with Special Counsel Mueller saying there is no there there.
- Senator Schumer and Rep Pelosi jointly announce that they agree with Special Counsel Mueller that there is no there there.
- The President provides broad amnesty to Ms Clinton, Rep Wasserman-Schultz, Mr James Comey and some others.
- Involved FBI and other involved DOJ officials quietly resign.
- The rest of us, the Citizens of this Great Nation outside DC, breath a sigh of relief that we weren't turned into a third rate banana republic.
Hat tip to the Drudge Report.
Regards — Cliff