- Because that is what they had to do before air conditioning and they are slow to adapt
- Because even with air conditioning DC is a terrible place in August.
- Because they need the time to do fund raising they can't do by telephone.
- Because they really do want to go home and find out what the voters are thinking.
- Because they are worried that if they stay in session too long the Health Care Reform protesters will come to DC and picket and cause a ruckus, disrupting their lives.
- So the President can appoint people to office without having to get Senate Confirmation.
- Another reason, to be supplied by the respondent.
- Some of the above.
1 year ago