The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Out Back Question of the Week

How many votes does it take to invoke Cloture in the US Senate?

The reason this is important is that both Senator Richard Byrd (D-WV) and Senator Ted Kennedy (D-MA) are having medical problems and may not be able to report to the Senate to vote for Cloture, when the time comes.

I got the answer wrong earlier this week, but my wife corrected me and put me on the path to truth.

This question is important for President Obama and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid because of the proposed Health Insurance reform bill before the US Congress.

For extra points, how did this play out in Massachusetts State Politics this week?

Regards  —  Cliff

  That would be to vote to stop a filibuster and bring a bill to the floor of the Senate for a vote.

1 comment:

The New Englander said...

Cliff,

I'm going with 60 under the no-Wiki-I-swear honors system..

best,
gp