The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Monday, January 18, 2021

Census Bureau Gets New Director


For John, BLUFSome jobs are just hard and heading the Census Bureau is one of tham and we should appreciate the job the Director has done.  Nothing to see here; just move along.




From The Census Bureau, by Dr Steven Dillingham, Director, 18 January 2021.

Here is the lede plus one:

Today, I write my last update on the 2020 Census.  I have just informed the outstanding staff at the U.S. Census Bureau that that I will retire from federal service on January 20, 2021 at noon.

This past week, strongly worded questions were submitted to me by the Inspector General (IG) regarding a data request to career Census Bureau analysts by one or two Administration appointees assigned to the Census Bureau.  The request was for certain administrative data to improve estimates of population categories.  Contrary to published comments and reports, the data recently requested was not an attempt to release 2020 census data results for apportionment early.  I promptly responded to the questions in writing and my answers are posted on the Census Bureau website.  Below is a statement from me providing context and summarizing my knowledge of the recent request which has been reported and commented on in the media.  The statement is followed by an announcement of my plans and heartfelt appreciation of my time and service with the Census Bureau and its outstanding employees.

It has been a hard slog for Director Dilingham, and he deserves a vote of thanks as he goes back into retirement.

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: