Here is one about Market Basket or at least the one at Stadium Plaza.
Here is the setup. For several weeks I have been hawking the breakfast food aisle, looking for Shredded Wheat. Nothing. I have asked store clerks. I have spoken to the lady at the little office. Today my wife was in the store and nothing. My wife says it is all over. The big biscuits have been dropped in favor of the bit sized version.
What do you think?
- It is all over—the Cereal Company has stopped making the item.
- It is all over—Market Basket has stopped carrying the big-biscuit Shredded Wheat in favor of Cheerios.
- They have a bad algorithm (This was the case a few years back with Staples in Stadium Plaza and their Peanut M&Ms. People would pilfer the items and then the store's computer wouldn't realize that they were out).
- What with the terrible weather we have been having (thanks to AGW) the raw materials haven't made it to the factory or the biscuits are backed up at the factory, waiting to be shipped.
- Stop whining and just go across the street to brand X (one more time).
Regards — Cliff