The plot is simple. The Argentine Government has tried to impose control on all the water between Argentina and the Falkland islands, thus inhibiting British exploration for oil. This move is by an Argentine Government, under President Kirchner, which is in trouble and could use a foreign (or in their view, domestic) adventure to regain support.
Interesting questions arise.
- How would the British react to action against one of Her Majesty's ships?
- How would the British react to a new invasion?
- How would the British react to a blockade?
- How would the US react to any action on the part of Argentina?
- On the part of Britain?
- And finally, is this the Out Back Question of the Week, in disguise?
Regards — Cliff